The mission of Fair Trade USA's Certification Department is to develop, implement, and continuously improve a transparent and credible assurance model that instills confidence and is easily understood by all stakeholders. We ensure compliance with Fair Trade USA Standards and guarantee claims throughout each product’s chain of custody.
This role is responsible for Fair Trade USA’s trade onsite audit process, and includes successfully operating, developing, and implementing tools, methodologies, and strategies to optimize an accessible, efficient and credible onsite assurance program with our Food and Beverage trade partners and Conformity Assessment Bodies (CABs).
- Manage onsite audit processes for trade partners
- Create audit materials needed to conduct onsite audits for partners in collaboration with Trade Certification team members, review audit reports and contribute to certification decisions.
- Develop and implement a process for collaborating with team members on conducting onsite audits.
- Communicate certification status, oversee Corrective Action Plans and provide guidance on closing non-conformities.
- Manage relationships with CABs
- Conduct auditor trainings and develop resources for auditors to conduct quality audits.
- Develop and implement a CAB oversight program.
- Support CABs in audit scheduling.
- Contribute to trade onsite program improvement
- Develop and improve onsite audit materials based on audit reports, feedback from auditors and other team members.
- Develop and maintain internal and external policies and procedures related to the onsite audit program.
- Collaborate with Standards to liaise on compliance interpretation and develop methodologies to document interpretations.
- Manage systems and folders to ensure program execution and accuracy
- Ensure internal systems are updated according to milestones and audit results.
- Develop a process to document and feed audit learnings back into certification processes to maintain assurance credibility.
Skills, Experience, & Knowledge
- A minimum of four years of experience in auditing, certification, verification, or quality management systems.
- Good understanding of global food and beverage supply chains and common trading practices in these supply chains.
- Technical background in different certification standards and auditing methodologies.
- Strong project management skills and familiarity with project management tools, with demonstrated ability to manage projects of diverse sizes, set realistic goals and objectives, and balance multiple priorities.
- Track record of exceptional customer service, supported by outstanding oral and written communication skills in English, and cultural sensitivity. The ability to communicate in other languages (Spanish, French, Bahasa etc.) is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, adaptable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Self-starter/learner able to work both independently and as a team player.
- Strong work ethics and likes to have fun on the job.
- Positive outlook, diplomatic and adept at conflict resolution.
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field.
Technology & Software
- High proficiency in MS Office applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Previous experience with CRM applications (e.g. Salesforce) a plus.
This position can work out of the Bay Area (Oakland) or Remote U.S.
Please submit both a resume and a cover letter.
We are a Proud Equal Opportunity Employer
The fair trade model is firmly rooted in themes of empowerment, advocacy, and disrupting oppressive dynamics, and as such, Fair Trade USA actively strives to embody the values of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in our day-to-day work. As an employer, we have zero tolerance for discrimination or harassment of any type. We value and promote a work environment that is inclusive, diverse, and bound by the following principles:
- We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees.
- We proudly provide employees with a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment.
- All employment decisions at Fair Trade are based on the needs of our organization, the requirements of the job, and individual qualifications - period.
- We prohibit work-related actions, policies, and decisions based on race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other protected status, and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- We believe that a healthy and holistic work community is comprised of people of all ages, and therefore we welcome individuals of all stages in life to apply for our job openings.
Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.